Here is a working demo at 5 working demos of early electronic instruments that you can play in your browser! This blog post is a quick look into the Synth Museum, the instruments, and whyContinue reading
I have been whittling away at two projects since September, and I am very happy to say that both the Multiplayer Music Project and Synth Museum are complete! Here’s a quick post talking about theContinue reading
Note: I have shared the project in its current state on GitHub under an Apache 2.0 licence, so please feel free to visit the project’s GitHub page, download and even comment on issues or suggestContinue reading
I have had major progress on the project! The project now has timekeeping, a basic step sequencer that updates for everyone in the same server, so that each user can listen to and edit theContinue reading
I’ve been grappling with NodeJS and trying to integrate it with the Web Audio API for a few weeks, and feel like I’ve got enough to warrant a decent update to how it’s going. IContinue reading
It’s been about 2 years since I had the chance to make a jamming environment in Max MSP, and I felt that it’s about time I create a better, and more compatible version for theContinue reading
Press the keyboard notes to play three different synths Random Button About this project: I’m making a web-audio run instrument! It’s been a fun few days learning how to use the API, as well asContinue reading
Welcome to Mono-Poly! Click Here and use the keyboard to play notes: Keys q, w, e, r, t, y, and u play chords Keys a, s, d, f, g, h, j, and k play longContinue reading
A few days ago a lecturer mentioned to me what is possible using a relatively new API called Web Audio. It piqued my curiosity, and I found that there are some exceptional examples of itContinue reading
Although Unity appears to play ball with Pure Data quite nicely, Max Integration is not the most simple of tasks. I found a collection of scripts and objects which do the trick though; read onContinue reading
The performance yesterday went exactly as I hoped it would, with the pre-written guitar parts being played right, and the three of us feeling comfortable enough to take risks and react to each other’s improvisation.Continue reading
Today I had a meeting at the Ferens gallery, where we discussed the technical requirements and restrictions of the space we’re performing our pieces in. Luckily my performance didn’t have many issues to work out,Continue reading
I had a really great chance to compose a short piece of music to accompany a short fashion concept video. Here’s a quick write-up on how I went about putting it together to a deadline!
I’ve spent a few hours throwing around ideas for my Tyro piece at the gallery, and realised a live industrial soundscape played live would be an awesome thing to throw in!
About a month ago, I was asked if I could make a really simplified music making patch, where it is impossible for things to not be in key. I’ll probably write further on the eventContinue reading
The plan for the composition has shifted a bit as a result of having two willing performers. I’m thrilled about this, as it means that I can have way more options with performing. Currently, theContinue reading
With the Bowhead display coming to a close at Hull Maritime Museum, it’s time for me to reflect on the project.
I was thinking about how long I’ve had any interest in using technology for creative work, and the answer surprised me.
The Theremin received a lot of love this month, as did the UDP setups.
Third rendering complete!
Big updates with the project! I’m developing the Theremin’s functionality to work in a group scenario at a performance at Fruit in Hull on the 16th of November.
The first rendering of the video with music was made. It’s extremely sparse, and there is a lot of detail and contour to add into it, but it was enough to give a good ideaContinue reading
I started to add sounds into the project, starting with sub-bass. I created this by “playing” along to the video using a Korg Monotron, with very low pitch, and the VCF Filter set very low.Continue reading
I used Ableton to add tracks to an empty project, and wrote in some general volume automation to get a feel for what sounds would appear where, and how prominent each sound would be.
I started by sketching out the sound and general contour by taking screen shots of key points in the video, and writing the general sound I would want at each point.
First meeting to discuss the project. I came away very excited to get going with the music for the video, and it was great to see how far into the animation the team at HullContinue reading
For the last month or so, work on this site has ground to a halt in order to create the Quadraphonic Project. Version 1 had to be made to a deadline in order to beContinue reading
This is a live performance of a piece called Tubes, which I performed as part of Hull University’s Dark Room event last year at Fruit.
This piece took several unexpected turns as it became realised, as I was trying to combine a lot of ideas which interested me.