Welcome to Mono-Poly!
Click Here and use the keyboard to play notes:
- Keys q, w, e, r, t, y, and u play chords
- Keys a, s, d, f, g, h, j, and k play long notes with a long tail off
- Keys z, x, c, v ,b , and n play notes that end when you lift that key, to slide to notes, keep the first note held, and then press the new note, then let go of the old note.
- Move your mouse to change the sound of the long-tail notes (a to k) using a filter.
- Press 1 to get some random notes firing off quickly!
About this project:
I’ve been learning WebAudio for the past two days, and thought there wasn’t a better way to demonstrate my progress so far than an embedded instrument on The Funny Brain. There will be a blog post to follow this with some things I’ve picked up so far, but I thought it best to leave this as a brief footnote, and let the sound be its own page.
I’ve been learning Web Audio via a brilliant free course from Goldsmiths University on FutureLearn, and will hopefully have more of this type of interactive content over the coming weeks.