I have decided to make a Game Audio Engine prototype in Max MSP for my dissertation project. The game will be made in Unity, with UDP sending messages into Max, and influencing the sounds and music that the player hears. I plan to write about it in much more depth as the project advances.
Current very generalised aims include:
- Recording a giant sample bank for the 9 zone soundtracks
- Finishing off the generative note choice code
- Making something resembling a game prototype in Unity (more or less just the game mechanics and UDP now).
- Mixing the sound in the Max patch
- Creating lengthier musical phrases for each zone.